The BlackBerry® solution for individuals allows users to set up and access up to ten business or personal email accounts, using POP3/IMAP and/or mail forwarding, with their BlackBerry® smartphone through the BlackBerry® Internet Bundle.
Messages sent from the device can use the user's existing personal email address. Copies of messages sent to the user's existing personal email accounts are pushed to the BlackBerry® smartphone.
Setup can be done in a few minutes with a few clicks on the device or on a web based portal. Once setup is complete, emails find their way to the device like an SMS with no further action by the user.
BlackBerry® Internet Service (BIS) is complimentary with the activation of all BlackBerry® tariff plans and provides individual users with the ability to have their personal Internet or work email forwarded automatically to their BlackBerry® smartphone from multiple email accounts provided by multiple Internet Service Providers' (ISP). BIS can provide automatic wireless synchronisation of read, deleted and sent emails from the user's BlackBerry® device to their supported ISP email account. Users with multiple email accounts can choose from multiple "sent from" addresses when sending an email, which allows the receiver to easily identify incoming email.
Benefits of BIS
- Easy to use push email.
- Requires a simple set-up from your the BlackBerry® smartphone or from your PC.
- Associate up to 10 email accounts including MSN, Vodacom - mail or POP3/Internet Service Providers (ISP) email accounts.
- Access the Internet by clicking on the browser icon of your BlackBerry® - which offers industry-leading data compression and web page rendering.
- Out-of-office reply, as well as a customisable signature which will be added to each email sent.
- View popular attachments in color (Jpeg, Bitmap and Tiff format; Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Corel; WordPerfect and Adobe PDF), depending on the device model.
- Access individual email account icons on your BlackBerry® home screen for each integrated Internet email account. Click on each icon to view the incoming and outgoing messages related to the particular email account.
- Encrypted data transmission.
Applications on BlackBerry® Smartphones
Thousands of mobile applications are available for BlackBerry® smartphones. These include Facebook, Google Earth, Yahoo Messenger, and numerous games. Many of these applications are free.
What does BlackBerry® cost for an individual?
Cost of BlackBerry®
BlackBerry® smartphones are competitively priced especially when one takes all the features and functions BlackBerry® smartphones offer into account.
When the smartphone is coupled with the BlackBerry® Internet Service (BIS), it becomes very cost-effective because one pays an affordable monthly flat fee that covers all email, Internet and application data usage.
The monthly cost of a BlackBerry®:
The BlackBerry® Internet Service (BIS) can be bolted onto any Vodacom, MTN and Cell C contract for a flat monthly rate (Network dependant).
For a flat fee, users may send and receive unlimited emails without worrying about the length of the message and the size of attachments, upload as many photos on Facebook as they want to, and receive unlimited emails. The contract is thus highly cost-effective compared to most similar data services that charge users per message or per kilobyte of data.
Even when one uses a lot of data in a month, one is safe from bill shock since the flat fee is always the same. The more one uses the service in a month, the more cost-effective it becomes.