The BlackBerry® Enterprise Solution (BES) offers a solution to increase productivity by giving employees real-time access to voice, email, calendar, corporate data, and access to line-of-business applications. Employees who are mobile can enjoy the benefits of being out of the office and still have access to their corporate email, calendar, contacts, and more - all without having to drag around a laptop or to hunt for a phone-jack.
The use of the BlackBerry® Enterprise Solution by corporate users also provides corporate IT departments simplified management and centralised control of data on BlackBerry® smartphones in a secure and flexible architecture that complements and leverages off their company's existing IT infrastructure and investment.
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server (BES);
- BES Client Access Licenses;
- BlackBerry® smartphones and
- Vodacom, MTN or Cell C tariff plan
Business Features of BES
- Wireless push synchronisation of all email and calendar activities
- Compose, send, read, forward, reply to, and delete email messages
- File email messages into synchronised sub-folders manually or automatically
- Access the company's address list when online
- View and forward email attachments (forward depends on a setting on the BES server – sometimes disabled)
- Add, edit, and delete calendar entries and invite attendees
- Add, edit, and delete contacts, tasks, and notes
Technical Features of BES
- If your company hosts its own email server, you can use the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server for mobile access to Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Domino, Novell Groupwise, or your company's intranet (via Mobile Data Solution—MDS)
- End-to-end VeriSign Triple DES encryption of data and delivery of data through SSL (Secure Socket Layer)
- Enhanced password policies such as mandatory password use and format requirements can be implemented
- Remote data erase of information on BlackBerry® smartphones when lost or stolen
- Centralised management to provision and manage users and monitor servers and BlackBerry® smartphones
- Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in
The BlackBerry® contract or Add-On on either Vodacom, MTN or Cell C:
There are a variety of tariffs and Add-ons available to enable SIM cards for the BES service,depending on the chosen Network.